Analyst Position – Iran Coverage
Arabia Monitor is seeking an Iranian national to cover the economics and geopolitics of Iran. Arabia Monitor’s Iran analyst position is a challenging program of diverse work experience in the field of macroeconomic and market analysis. The analyst would need to have good knowledge of the current business environment in Iran, as the firm could opt to ask them to work from Iran for special projects, for limited periods of time.
Analysts benefit from mentoring, hands-on training and teamwork that equip them with the skills and tools to carry out solid macroeconomic, sector-specific and investment related research.
Required characteristics for applicants include:
- Economics/Finance degree and background.
- Native understanding of local geopolitical and market dynamics.
- Exceptionally strong English writing, and analytical skills.
- Some previous experience in research.
- Fluent written and spoken Farsi. Arabic/French is a plus.
- Taking part in weekly Analyst Calls and Monthly Calls with Clients while covering the most updated geopolitical and macroeconomic trends in Iran.
- Writing monthly country views on Iran e.g. policy changes, geopolitical developments and sector-specific analysis.
Analysts will benefit from:
- Opportunities to work from Iran as well as from Arabia Monitor’s Middle East office in Jordan.
- Mentoring and hands-on training from senior economists with experience in the financial sector, the IMF and World Bank, equipping them with the skills and tools to carry out solid macroeconomic, sector-specific and investment related research.
- Becoming more familiar with the sectors which foreign investors are more interested in.
- The analyst will also occasionally cover other countries, and will gain an understanding of the geopolitical and macroeconomic trends in the region.
- Developing excellent team-work skills.
Office is based in London with frequent travel to MENA. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm.
Competitive salary in-line with analyst market rates in the City of London.
Apply with your CV and cover letter addressed to [email protected]. Only applicants who have made it through the first round will be contacted.