Analyst Position – Middle East & North Africa Coverage
Arabia Monitor’s MENA analyst position is a challenging program of diverse work experience in the field of macroeconomic and market analysis. Analysts benefit from mentoring, hands-on training and teamwork that equip them with the skills and tools to carry out solid macroeconomic, sector-specific and investment related research.
To be eligible for the program, candidates should:
- Possess (or be receiving) a postgraduate degree in finance/economics from a top university in the UK. Applications from holders of other degrees are discouraged.
- Have a fluent/native command of English and Arabic (both written and oral).
- Demonstrate strong analytic, quantitative and computer skills.
- Be of Arab origin and have a native understanding of local geopolitical and market dynamics of the Middle East and North Africa.
About the Analyst Program Responsibilities
Developing an in-depth understanding of covered countries
- By studying the local press, International Financial Institution assessments, academic publications and other research reports, you will be required to develop a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of countries you are assigned to cover.
- You will also be required to gain a good understanding of countries you do not cover by participating in periodic internal Analyst calls and Client Conference calls.
- You will be responsible for performing research and writing reports to assist the team in the regular publication schedule including weekly Country Views and Regional Views reports, Monthly reports and quarterly MENA Outlook reports.
- Your research will need to be based on fundamental macroeconomics to draw linkages between different sectors of an economy, with special emphasis on the impact of regional and global developments on local markets.
- As part of the research process you could be at times required to travel on business trips to the countries of coverage, set-up meetings with decision makers in the private and public sector to keep an ear and conduct field work research.
Articulating house views on countries of coverage to clients and the media
- You will need to possess good communication skills to participate in monthly conference calls that the firm holds for its clients to discuss house views on countries of coverage and answer questions.
- In-depth understanding of your countries of coverage means you will become a reference for clients seeking ad hoc insights on particular developments. You will also responsible for helping the Chief Economist prepare for media appearances.
- In addition to macroeconomic research, you will have the opportunity to optimise your skills in structured product valuation and fixed income portfolio management with special emphasis on MENA Sovereigns and Sukuk issuances.
- You will be collaborating with a young and dynamic team and will be expected to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to deliver on targets and deadlines while maintaining quality.
Office is based in London with frequent travel to MENA. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm.
Competitive salary in-line with analyst market rates in the City of London.
Apply with your CV and cover letter addressed to [email protected]. Only applicants who have made it through the first round will be contacted.