Internship Programme – China Marketing Intern
This paid internship can be full-time or part-time, starting as soon as possible. All applicants should be available for a minimum of 6 months. The position is based in Shanghai or Hong Kong, and there is an opportunity to do part of the internship at our London and Middle East (Amman) offices.
About the China Marketing Intern Position:
Marketing Strategy & Business Development
• You will work with Arabia Monitor’s team to brainstorm on how to enhance online and offline presence in the Chinese market, develop constructive and innovative ideas for building online readership.
• You will support Arabia Monitor’s team in sales and in liaising with potential and existing members, in identifying and approaching potential business leads or media partners in China.
• You will help Arabia Monitor’s team promote our quarterly China Webinar to potential clients, launch and organise other marketing campaigns in China.
• You may be required at times to travel on business trips in China, organise meetings with business leaders.
Online & Offline Media Communication
• You will help promote Arabia Monitor’s publications through Chinese social networking media, e-newsletters, or other digital platforms.
• You will help Arabia Monitor’s team prepare and edit Chinese translations of English reports.
• You will need to be technologically adept with an ease in dealing with Photoshop/Illustrator to support the teams in creating print and online marketing materials.
• Possess (or be receiving) a degree in Finance/Economics/International Politics/ Marketing/Communications from a top university in China. Postgraduate degree is preferable.
• Have a fluent/native command of English and Mandarin (both written and oral). Arabic or French is a plus.
• Always think strategically and relate current market trends with the growing ties between China and the Middle East and North Africa.
• Possess relevant experience in marketing and sales of research/publications.
• Previous experience in media or PR desirable.
• Demonstrate strong strategy, communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter in English to [email protected]. Your cover letter must be specific to this position. Please put “Job Application – China Marketing Intern - (location)” in the subject line of your email. Only applicants who have made it through the first round will be contacted.
About Arabia Monitor
Arabia Monitor is a London-based independent research firm specialising in economic and market studies on the Middle East & North African region, which we view as the new emerging market.
Our forward looking perspective allows us to place recent developments in the region within a broader context and a long-term view. As the only independent research firm covering all 18 Arabic speaking countries (+ Iran), Arabia Monitor acts as a research and strategy back office for its clients. With 80+ years of relevant MENA experience, our team of native analysts benefit from a thorough understanding of complex regional dynamics.
Arabia Monitor also offers insights into the expanding links between China and the MENA region. We monitor China’s growing presence in the region, and developments in the ‘Belt and Road’ Strategy, trade, FDI, energy, tourism and diplomacy amongst other fields of economic and political exchanges. Visit our website via: www.arabiaholding.com